Lodge FIR against `middlemen` in Indira Awas yojna: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday ordered lodging of FIR against `middlemen` in the Indira Awas Yojna scheme to ensure corruption free implementation of the welfare scheme for the poor.
Besides lodging of FIR, action should also be initiated against those policemen who did not act against the middlemen in the Indira Awas Yojna, Kumar directed the DGP Abhyanand while addressing a divisional level meeting at Sitamarhi at the end of his two-day "Sewa Yatra".
Sewa yatra is aimed at testing governance at the grassroot level and efforts to improve functioning of government`s programmes.
Kumar told the district magistrates to approve Indira Awas to landless mahadalits (most deprived section within dalits) along with land, according to an official statement.
The chief minister said that if the suppliers of foodgrains are found not providing quality grains for mid-day meal, stringent action should be initiated against them.
Besides, teacher found committing any irregularity in the scheme should be taken to task, he told officials.
Kumar gave a clear instruction that health centres in the state should have life saving medicines all the time particularly those related to snake and dog bite.
"If anybody dies for want of medicine due to snake bite it will be violation of state`s policy...It will be treated as criminal act," he said.
Senior civil and police officials including DGP Abhyanand, Development Commissioner Phool Singh, Principal Secretary to the CM Anjani Kumar Singh, Secretary Road Construction Department Pratya Amrit were present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India