Lodge FIR against `middlemen` in Indira Awas yojna: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday ordered lodging of FIR against `middlemen` in the Indira Awas Yojna scheme to ensure corruption free implementation of the welfare scheme for the poor.
Besides lodging of FIR, action should also be initiated against those policemen who did not act against the middlemen in the Indira Awas Yojna, Kumar directed the DGP Abhyanand while addressing a divisional level meeting at Sitamarhi at the end of his two-day "Sewa Yatra".
Sewa yatra is aimed at testing governance at the grassroot level and efforts to improve functioning of government`s programmes.
Kumar told the district magistrates to approve Indira Awas to landless mahadalits (most deprived section within dalits) along with land, according to an official statement.
The chief minister said that if the suppliers of foodgrains are found not providing quality grains for mid-day meal, stringent action should be initiated against them.
Besides, teacher found committing any irregularity in the scheme should be taken to task, he told officials.
Kumar gave a clear instruction that health centres in the state should have life saving medicines all the time particularly those related to snake and dog bite.
"If anybody dies for want of medicine due to snake bite it will be violation of state`s policy...It will be treated as criminal act," he said.
Senior civil and police officials including DGP Abhyanand, Development Commissioner Phool Singh, Principal Secretary to the CM Anjani Kumar Singh, Secretary Road Construction Department Pratya Amrit were present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video