Lok Sabha polls: Meira Kumar may battle two ex-IAS officers
Patna: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar, a former IFS officer, may face two retired IAS officers in the Lok Sabha polls at Sasaram in Bihar.
Both the Janata Dal-United (JD-U) and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) are keen to pit former bureaucrats against her.
The BJP is likely to field retired IAS officer Pancham Lal or Muni Lal in Sasaram.
The JD-U is likely to give ticket to K.P. Ramiya, an IAS officer who has sought voluntary retirement by the end of this month, leaders in both parties said.
Meira Kumar`s father, veteran Dalit leader Jagjivan Ram, represented Sasaram in the Lok Sabha for decades.
Muni Lal, a former union minister, was defeated by Meira Kumar in the 2009 Lok Sabha election when he was the BJP candidate.
Meira Kumar joined the IFS in 1973. She was elected from Sasaram in 2004 and 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog