Lokayukta bill during winter session of legislature
Patna: Undeterred by Team Anna`s
criticism of the draft Lokayukta bill, Nitish Kumar government
appeared firm to table the proposed bill during winter session
of the two houses of Bihar legislature from December two,
official sources said on Thursday.
"A three-member ministerial team led by Deputy Chief
Minister S K Modi is working on the proposed draft. After
being fine-tuned, it will be sent to the chief minister for
vetting," official sources said.
The chief minister has called an all-party meeting
here on November 26 to seek opinions from the opposition
parties on the draft which has also been made public for
"After giving a final shape to the bill to be examined
by the cabinet, it would be tabled during the winter session
of the state legislature," they said.
Team Anna had criticised the draft of the proposed
Lokayukta bill saying it was nowhere near to the Lokayukta
bill passed by UttarAkhand.
Stung by the criticism,Nitish Kumar had said he did
not not require any certificate from any individual, group or
organisations and said they were free to send in their
opinions or suggestions in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Caught! Top model arrested in high-profile drug racket case — Know details
- Rs 40,000 crore Arunachal border road could be a liability, warns Indian Army
- Xiaomi Qicycle Electric Folding Bike: Features
- THIS Bollywood director has filed a defamation case against Kamaal R Khan! - Read more
- Anil Kumble pips Ravi Shastri to become new coach of Team India