Lokayukta bill during winter session of legislature
Patna: Undeterred by Team Anna`s
criticism of the draft Lokayukta bill, Nitish Kumar government
appeared firm to table the proposed bill during winter session
of the two houses of Bihar legislature from December two,
official sources said on Thursday.
"A three-member ministerial team led by Deputy Chief
Minister S K Modi is working on the proposed draft. After
being fine-tuned, it will be sent to the chief minister for
vetting," official sources said.
The chief minister has called an all-party meeting
here on November 26 to seek opinions from the opposition
parties on the draft which has also been made public for
"After giving a final shape to the bill to be examined
by the cabinet, it would be tabled during the winter session
of the state legislature," they said.
Team Anna had criticised the draft of the proposed
Lokayukta bill saying it was nowhere near to the Lokayukta
bill passed by UttarAkhand.
Stung by the criticism,Nitish Kumar had said he did
not not require any certificate from any individual, group or
organisations and said they were free to send in their
opinions or suggestions in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review