Lokayukta bill during winter session of legislature
Patna: Undeterred by Team Anna`s
criticism of the draft Lokayukta bill, Nitish Kumar government
appeared firm to table the proposed bill during winter session
of the two houses of Bihar legislature from December two,
official sources said on Thursday.
"A three-member ministerial team led by Deputy Chief
Minister S K Modi is working on the proposed draft. After
being fine-tuned, it will be sent to the chief minister for
vetting," official sources said.
The chief minister has called an all-party meeting
here on November 26 to seek opinions from the opposition
parties on the draft which has also been made public for
"After giving a final shape to the bill to be examined
by the cabinet, it would be tabled during the winter session
of the state legislature," they said.
Team Anna had criticised the draft of the proposed
Lokayukta bill saying it was nowhere near to the Lokayukta
bill passed by UttarAkhand.
Stung by the criticism,Nitish Kumar had said he did
not not require any certificate from any individual, group or
organisations and said they were free to send in their
opinions or suggestions in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’