Long-term policy for Bihar roads: Nitish
Patna: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday asked the officials of the state road construction and rural works departments to evolve a long-term policy for the upkeep of roads in Bihar during all seasons.
Reviewing the performance of the two departments at a
high-level meeting here, Kumar said "it is necessary that we
should have a long-term policy for maintenance of the roads in
The meeting was attended, among others, by state Road
Construction minister N K Yadav and Rural Works department
minister Bhim Singh, besides Chief Secretary Navin
Kumar, Development Commissioner A K Sinha and Finance
Secretary Rameshwar Singh.
Earlier, he stressed the need for making micro management
schemes for maintaining transparency in the functioning of the
Bihar State Electricity Board (BSEB).
Reviewing the performance of the board, the Chief
Minister said "we have to ensure proper supply of electricity
to ease the problems facing the customers,".
"It has become necessary to have micro management and
micro governance schemes for maintaining transparency in the
function of the board", he said.
Kumar reiterated that the board officials should ensure
replacement of transformers within 72 hours of receiving
complaints and ensuring electricity in urban areas
He also laid emphasis on issuing correct energy bills
and replacement of wires wherever required on a priority
Kumar asked the chairman of the board P K Rai to ensure
registration of consumers at the earliest possible for
State Energy Minister Vijendra Prasad Yadav was also
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report