Long-term policy for Bihar roads: Nitish
Patna: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday asked the officials of the state road construction and rural works departments to evolve a long-term policy for the upkeep of roads in Bihar during all seasons.
Reviewing the performance of the two departments at a
high-level meeting here, Kumar said "it is necessary that we
should have a long-term policy for maintenance of the roads in
The meeting was attended, among others, by state Road
Construction minister N K Yadav and Rural Works department
minister Bhim Singh, besides Chief Secretary Navin
Kumar, Development Commissioner A K Sinha and Finance
Secretary Rameshwar Singh.
Earlier, he stressed the need for making micro management
schemes for maintaining transparency in the functioning of the
Bihar State Electricity Board (BSEB).
Reviewing the performance of the board, the Chief
Minister said "we have to ensure proper supply of electricity
to ease the problems facing the customers,".
"It has become necessary to have micro management and
micro governance schemes for maintaining transparency in the
function of the board", he said.
Kumar reiterated that the board officials should ensure
replacement of transformers within 72 hours of receiving
complaints and ensuring electricity in urban areas
He also laid emphasis on issuing correct energy bills
and replacement of wires wherever required on a priority
Kumar asked the chairman of the board P K Rai to ensure
registration of consumers at the earliest possible for
State Energy Minister Vijendra Prasad Yadav was also
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Shraddha Kapoor to come together! No, we aren’t talking about a film