`Love Guru` Matuk Nath reinstated, joins duty
Patna: Popularly known as the `Love
Guru`, Professor Matuk Nath Chaudhary of Patna University`s
B.N. College today joined duty after five years following
revocation of termination of service by the Governor in his
capacity of Chancellor late last night.
"I feel elated that my long drawn struggle for justice
has finally borne result... I thank all those people who stood
by me all these years," he said.
Chaudhary, a Professor of Hindi, said that he was
given a warm welcome upon joining duty in B.N. College after
five years since he was suspended by the Patna University
authorities on charges of misconduct over his much publicised
affair with a student Julie.
He said that he harboured no ill will towards anybody
who harassed him and had him suspended for alleged misconduct
and subsequently got him terminated from service.
Chaudhary said that he was always confident of getting
justice as he had committed no crime or misconduct.
Patna University authorities had initially suspended
Prof. Chaudhary for misconduct in 2006 and subsequently in
2009 dismissed him from service.
The professor later filed a petition in the Patna High
Court challenging his dismissal from service which referred
the matter to the Governor, in his capacity as the Chancellor
of the state universities.
Chaudhary along with his friend Julie and
sympathisers had sat on dharna here two days ago to press for
reinstatement of service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145