`Love Guru` Matuk Nath reinstated, joins duty
Patna: Popularly known as the `Love
Guru`, Professor Matuk Nath Chaudhary of Patna University`s
B.N. College today joined duty after five years following
revocation of termination of service by the Governor in his
capacity of Chancellor late last night.
"I feel elated that my long drawn struggle for justice
has finally borne result... I thank all those people who stood
by me all these years," he said.
Chaudhary, a Professor of Hindi, said that he was
given a warm welcome upon joining duty in B.N. College after
five years since he was suspended by the Patna University
authorities on charges of misconduct over his much publicised
affair with a student Julie.
He said that he harboured no ill will towards anybody
who harassed him and had him suspended for alleged misconduct
and subsequently got him terminated from service.
Chaudhary said that he was always confident of getting
justice as he had committed no crime or misconduct.
Patna University authorities had initially suspended
Prof. Chaudhary for misconduct in 2006 and subsequently in
2009 dismissed him from service.
The professor later filed a petition in the Patna High
Court challenging his dismissal from service which referred
the matter to the Governor, in his capacity as the Chancellor
of the state universities.
Chaudhary along with his friend Julie and
sympathisers had sat on dharna here two days ago to press for
reinstatement of service.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference