Lovers commit suicide at Sitamarhi in Bihar
Sitamarhi: Two youths allegedly committed suicide in a hotel room in Sitamarhi around 140 km north from Patna. Their bodies were recovered by the police on Monday.
Police officials said Amit Raj, 22, a resident of Gularia Toal village of Ghorasahan in East Champaran district and Gudia Rani, 20, of Ramgaon village of Bathnaha in Sitamarhi district left a suicide note saying they were committing suicide as their parents were not happy with their relationship.
"The bodies were recovered after foul smell started coming from the room they were staying. They had booked the place in the hotel as brother and sister. A suicide note was kept on their bed. The police is conducting further investigation into the matter," said Sitamarhi DSP M N Upadhyaya.
Police officials said the couple had booked the room on April 15 and had been staying there continuously. The dead bodies have been sent for postmortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year