Lovers commit suicide at Sitamarhi in Bihar
Sitamarhi: Two youths allegedly committed suicide in a hotel room in Sitamarhi around 140 km north from Patna. Their bodies were recovered by the police on Monday.
Police officials said Amit Raj, 22, a resident of Gularia Toal village of Ghorasahan in East Champaran district and Gudia Rani, 20, of Ramgaon village of Bathnaha in Sitamarhi district left a suicide note saying they were committing suicide as their parents were not happy with their relationship.
"The bodies were recovered after foul smell started coming from the room they were staying. They had booked the place in the hotel as brother and sister. A suicide note was kept on their bed. The police is conducting further investigation into the matter," said Sitamarhi DSP M N Upadhyaya.
Police officials said the couple had booked the room on April 15 and had been staying there continuously. The dead bodies have been sent for postmortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Bombs kill nearly 150 in Syrian government-held cities
- India, Iran, Afghanistan ink 'historic' Chabahar port agreement; PM Modi calls it 'corridor of peace, prosperity'
- Jayalalithaa sworn in as Tamil Nadu CM for sixth time, inducts 32 ministers
- Oil prices dip as Iran says no plan to freeze output
- IMF said Greece needs 'unconditional' debt relief from EU creditors