Lovers commit suicide at Sitamarhi in Bihar
Sitamarhi: Two youths allegedly committed suicide in a hotel room in Sitamarhi around 140 km north from Patna. Their bodies were recovered by the police on Monday.
Police officials said Amit Raj, 22, a resident of Gularia Toal village of Ghorasahan in East Champaran district and Gudia Rani, 20, of Ramgaon village of Bathnaha in Sitamarhi district left a suicide note saying they were committing suicide as their parents were not happy with their relationship.
"The bodies were recovered after foul smell started coming from the room they were staying. They had booked the place in the hotel as brother and sister. A suicide note was kept on their bed. The police is conducting further investigation into the matter," said Sitamarhi DSP M N Upadhyaya.
Police officials said the couple had booked the room on April 15 and had been staying there continuously. The dead bodies have been sent for postmortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- India set to get MTCR membership, NSG option remains open: MEA
- LIVE CRICKET SCORE: ODI Tri-series final — West Indies vs Australia
- Haryana to be open-defecation free by December 2017: Khattar
- Earth's ancient magnetic field had more than two poles!
- VIDEOS: MS Dhoni's wife Sakshi shares her adorable moments with daughter Ziva