Low minimum wage forcing labourers` migration from Bihar: Modi
Patna: BJP, now in the opposition after its split from JD(U), Friday criticised the Nitish Kumar government for fixing daily minimum wage at paltry Rs 162 which, it said, has forced labourers to migrate to other states.
Party leader and former deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi told reporters that labourers from Bihar were migrating to states like Gujarat in search of better remuneration as they are not getting even the minimum stipulated wage.
Modi was speaking at Kargil Chowk where he led a day-long sit-in by BJP leaders and workers to protest against police firing on the Tharu tribal people at Bagaha four days ago in which six tribals were killed and others suffered bullet injuries.
Slamming the state government for an insensitive attitude towards Tharu tribal people, many of whom have gone over to Gujarat for work, he said the recent police firing has shaken their confidence about safety and security, he said.
Modi reiterated his demand for Rs 10 lakh compensation to the kin of those killed in police firing and arrest of the guilty policemen on murder charge, saying he would fast for 24 hours next week if the state government failed to meet his demand.
On Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s warning to BJP leaders to expose them, Modi dared him to do so and wondered what he was waiting for.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested