LS polls: BJP has given three seats to Upendra Kushwaha`s party, says Sushil Kumar Modi
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: BJP leader and former deputy CM of Bihar Sushil Kumar Modi said on Sunday that the party had given three seats to Upendra Kushwaha`s RLSP in the state for the 2014 General Elections.
Modi posted on the micro-blogging site Twitter - “BJP stitched alliance with Upendra Kushwaha`s party in Bihar. BJP has given 3 seats to Kushwaha. First alliance after split.”
Bjp stitched alliance with Upendra Kushwaha's party in Bihar.Bjp has given 3 seats to Kushwaha .Fst alliance after split.
— Sushil Kumar Modi (@SushilModi) February 23, 2014
Kushwaha is a former JDU MP. He left the party and parted ways with Bihar CM Nitish Kumar. Later, he formed his own party, the Rashtriya Lok Samata Party in March 2013, before the JD(U)-BJP split.
It is said that joining hands with Kushwaha may augment OBC vote share for the BJP ahead of the 2014 Lok Sabha polls. Kushwaha belongs to the OBC Koeri caste.
However, the three places that the RLSP will contest has not been confirmed as yet.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram