LS polls: BJP has given three seats to Upendra Kushwaha`s party, says Sushil Kumar Modi
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: BJP leader and former deputy CM of Bihar Sushil Kumar Modi said on Sunday that the party had given three seats to Upendra Kushwaha`s RLSP in the state for the 2014 General Elections.
Modi posted on the micro-blogging site Twitter - “BJP stitched alliance with Upendra Kushwaha`s party in Bihar. BJP has given 3 seats to Kushwaha. First alliance after split.”
Bjp stitched alliance with Upendra Kushwaha's party in Bihar.Bjp has given 3 seats to Kushwaha .Fst alliance after split.
— Sushil Kumar Modi (@SushilModi) February 23, 2014
Kushwaha is a former JDU MP. He left the party and parted ways with Bihar CM Nitish Kumar. Later, he formed his own party, the Rashtriya Lok Samata Party in March 2013, before the JD(U)-BJP split.
It is said that joining hands with Kushwaha may augment OBC vote share for the BJP ahead of the 2014 Lok Sabha polls. Kushwaha belongs to the OBC Koeri caste.
However, the three places that the RLSP will contest has not been confirmed as yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’