Madarsa Secretary shot dead in Bihar
Begusarai (Bihar): Armed men shot dead the Secretary of a Madrasa at Ekamba village in Begusarai district, about 135 km east of Patna, on Monday.
Mohammad Sufi Sattar, 70, was gunned down at Ekamba village under Khodawanpur police station area of the district, in the early hours, police said.
Sattar was the Secretary of Madarsa Furkania located at Ekamba.
The family members of Sattar and local villagers demonstrated with the body in front of the police outpost nearby, and blocked the Chhaurahi - Garhpura Road for hours in the morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city