Mafia rule in Bihar: JD-U MP
Patna: In a fresh embarrassment to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, JD-U leader and MP Jainarain Prasad Nishad on Tuesday said the Bihar government had failed on all fronts and the state was under `mafia raj`.
"It is mafia raj (rule) which is prevalent in Bihar. There is no good governance," Nishad, the Lok Sabha member from Muzaffarpur, told a news agency over telephone.
He said violence in Madhubani, in which three people were killed, and in other places had exposed the so-called "good governance".
Nishad condemned the way Hind Kesri Yadav, a former state minister, was assaulted by suspected goons close to liquor vendors in Muzaffarpur town last week.
Yadav, in his mid-70s, was beaten with sticks and iron rods by henchmen of vendors for leading a procession demanding a ban on sale of liquor in the district, police said.
Nishad`s comments come more than two weeks after Purnia BJP MP Uday Singh came down heavily on the BJP-JD-U government in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what