Mafia rule in Bihar: JD-U MP
Patna: In a fresh embarrassment to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, JD-U leader and MP Jainarain Prasad Nishad on Tuesday said the Bihar government had failed on all fronts and the state was under `mafia raj`.
"It is mafia raj (rule) which is prevalent in Bihar. There is no good governance," Nishad, the Lok Sabha member from Muzaffarpur, told a news agency over telephone.
He said violence in Madhubani, in which three people were killed, and in other places had exposed the so-called "good governance".
Nishad condemned the way Hind Kesri Yadav, a former state minister, was assaulted by suspected goons close to liquor vendors in Muzaffarpur town last week.
Yadav, in his mid-70s, was beaten with sticks and iron rods by henchmen of vendors for leading a procession demanding a ban on sale of liquor in the district, police said.
Nishad`s comments come more than two weeks after Purnia BJP MP Uday Singh came down heavily on the BJP-JD-U government in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?