Mafia rule in Bihar: JD-U MP
Patna: In a fresh embarrassment to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, JD-U leader and MP Jainarain Prasad Nishad on Tuesday said the Bihar government had failed on all fronts and the state was under `mafia raj`.
"It is mafia raj (rule) which is prevalent in Bihar. There is no good governance," Nishad, the Lok Sabha member from Muzaffarpur, told a news agency over telephone.
He said violence in Madhubani, in which three people were killed, and in other places had exposed the so-called "good governance".
Nishad condemned the way Hind Kesri Yadav, a former state minister, was assaulted by suspected goons close to liquor vendors in Muzaffarpur town last week.
Yadav, in his mid-70s, was beaten with sticks and iron rods by henchmen of vendors for leading a procession demanding a ban on sale of liquor in the district, police said.
Nishad`s comments come more than two weeks after Purnia BJP MP Uday Singh came down heavily on the BJP-JD-U government in Bihar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai