Mafia rule in Bihar: JD-U MP
Patna: In a fresh embarrassment to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, JD-U leader and MP Jainarain Prasad Nishad on Tuesday said the Bihar government had failed on all fronts and the state was under `mafia raj`.
"It is mafia raj (rule) which is prevalent in Bihar. There is no good governance," Nishad, the Lok Sabha member from Muzaffarpur, told a news agency over telephone.
He said violence in Madhubani, in which three people were killed, and in other places had exposed the so-called "good governance".
Nishad condemned the way Hind Kesri Yadav, a former state minister, was assaulted by suspected goons close to liquor vendors in Muzaffarpur town last week.
Yadav, in his mid-70s, was beaten with sticks and iron rods by henchmen of vendors for leading a procession demanding a ban on sale of liquor in the district, police said.
Nishad`s comments come more than two weeks after Purnia BJP MP Uday Singh came down heavily on the BJP-JD-U government in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win
- Tri-Nation series: Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel help West Indies topple South Africa