Mafia rule in Bihar: JD-U MP
Patna: In a fresh embarrassment to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, JD-U leader and MP Jainarain Prasad Nishad on Tuesday said the Bihar government had failed on all fronts and the state was under `mafia raj`.
"It is mafia raj (rule) which is prevalent in Bihar. There is no good governance," Nishad, the Lok Sabha member from Muzaffarpur, told a news agency over telephone.
He said violence in Madhubani, in which three people were killed, and in other places had exposed the so-called "good governance".
Nishad condemned the way Hind Kesri Yadav, a former state minister, was assaulted by suspected goons close to liquor vendors in Muzaffarpur town last week.
Yadav, in his mid-70s, was beaten with sticks and iron rods by henchmen of vendors for leading a procession demanding a ban on sale of liquor in the district, police said.
Nishad`s comments come more than two weeks after Purnia BJP MP Uday Singh came down heavily on the BJP-JD-U government in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya