Mahadalits finally getting their dues
Patna: Claiming the community in Bihar
were getting their dues after 62 years of independence, senior
JD (U) leader and Bihar assembly Speaker Udai Narain Choudhry
today said the Mahadalit Ekjuta Morcha would organise a rally
at the Gandhi maidan here on February 21 to thank Bihar Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar.
The mahadalits in the state were finally getting their
due "a good" 62 years after independence under the leadership
of a dyanamic leader like Nitish Kumar, Choudhry told
"We are dutybound to felicitate the leaders who have
taken personal interest in improving the lot of have-nots by
creating a Mahadalit Commission and appointing Dalits as
members of the commission," Minister for SC/ST development
Jitan Ram Manjhi told reporters.
Besides Majhi, members of the Mahadalit Commission,
former MLAs Shyam Rajak and Ramai Ram were present at the
press briefing. The Morcha constituted a 23 member committee
to make the rally a success, they said.
Ram and Rajak, formerly with RJD but now with the JD
(U), said "we are organising the rally to educate the dalits
that only Nitish Kumar could take care of them and hence we
should support him wholeheartedly in the next husting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!