Mahadalits finally getting their dues
Patna: Claiming the community in Bihar
were getting their dues after 62 years of independence, senior
JD (U) leader and Bihar assembly Speaker Udai Narain Choudhry
today said the Mahadalit Ekjuta Morcha would organise a rally
at the Gandhi maidan here on February 21 to thank Bihar Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar.
The mahadalits in the state were finally getting their
due "a good" 62 years after independence under the leadership
of a dyanamic leader like Nitish Kumar, Choudhry told
"We are dutybound to felicitate the leaders who have
taken personal interest in improving the lot of have-nots by
creating a Mahadalit Commission and appointing Dalits as
members of the commission," Minister for SC/ST development
Jitan Ram Manjhi told reporters.
Besides Majhi, members of the Mahadalit Commission,
former MLAs Shyam Rajak and Ramai Ram were present at the
press briefing. The Morcha constituted a 23 member committee
to make the rally a success, they said.
Ram and Rajak, formerly with RJD but now with the JD
(U), said "we are organising the rally to educate the dalits
that only Nitish Kumar could take care of them and hence we
should support him wholeheartedly in the next husting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra