‘Maharajganj voters aggrieved over anti-Modi comments’
Patna: Disagreeing with Chief Minister Nitish Kumar statement that Maharajganj bypoll defeat was not a reversal for NDA as RJD merely retained the seat, BJP minister Giriraj Singh on Thursday said it was NDA debacle because voters were "aggrieved" over JD(U) comments on Narendra Modi.
"This is statement of `atma santushti` (self-satisfaction) ...It is a NDA defeat in Maharajganj by-election," Singh told a news agency disagreeing with Kumar`s comment that in Maharajganj RJD retained its seat and it was no drubbing for them.
Singh, who is Animal Husbandry minister in Nitish Kumar government, said one big reason for defeat of JD(U) candidate P K Shahi in Maharajganj was that voters were "aggrieved" over the aggressive comments of JD(U) against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"This aspect shall not be ignored," Singh, a big supporter of Modi, said.
Kumar and JD(U) have time and again said that Modi is not acceptable to them as prime ministerial candidate due to Gujarat riots.
The Bihar BJP leader and MLC said that Modi would come to Patna in October to address `Hunkar rally`.
"Is there a curfew on entry of Modi in Bihar...He will 200 percent welcome to address BJP Hunkar rally in October this year," Singh said adding "we need not seek permission from anybody for this".
Asked that Modi did not come to Bihar due to JD(U) resistance both in 2009 general election and 2010 assembly poll, Singh said "we did not feel his need at that time, but now he is needed and will come to Bihar definitely."
Bihar JD(U) spokesman Neeraj Kumar has said that lack of coordination among NDA workers have been witnessed in Maharajganj by-poll.
"Some amount of laxity was witnessed among local NDA workers despite the fact that big leaders of the two coalition partners were working together to ensure win in Maharajganj," Kumar, MLC, said.
He said these things need to be reviewed meticulously for future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'