‘Maharajganj voters angry over anti-Modi comments’
Patna: Disagreeing with Chief Minister Nitish Kumar statement that Maharajganj bypoll defeat was not a reversal for NDA as RJD merely retained the seat, BJP minister Giriraj Singh on Thursday said it was NDA debacle because voters were "aggrieved" over JD(U) comments on Narendra Modi.
"This is statement of `atma santushti` (self-satisfaction) ...It is a NDA defeat in Maharajganj by-election," Singh said disagreeing with Kumar`s comment that in Maharajganj RJD retained its seat and it was no drubbing for them.
Singh, who is Animal Husbandry minister in Nitish Kumar government, said one big reason for defeat of JD(U) candidate P K Shahi in Maharajganj was that voters were "aggrieved" over the aggressive comments of JD(U) against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"This aspect shall not be ignored," Singh, a big supporter of Modi, said.
Kumar and JD(U) have time and again said that Modi is not acceptable to them as prime ministerial candidate due to Gujarat riot.
The Bihar BJP leader and MLC said that Modi would come to Patna in October to address `Hunkar rally`.
"Is there a curfew on entry of Modi in Bihar...He will 200 per cent welcome to address BJP Hunkar rally in October this year," Singh said adding "we need not seek permission from anybody for this".
Asked that Modi did not come to Bihar due to JD(U) resistance both in 2009 general election and 2010 assembly poll, Singh said "we did not feel his need at that time, but now he is needed and will come to Bihar definitely."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand