Man accused of killing CPI-M leader murdered
Patna: Mantu Paswan, the main accused in the murder of a CPI-M leader, was beaten to death in Bihar on Saturday after he attacked the brother and mother of a witness in the case, police said.
A notorious criminal, Paswan was beaten to death by a mob in Pagra village in Samastipur district.
"Paswan was caught when he was fleeing after attacking the brother and mother of a witness. He was beaten to death with bricks, iron rods and bamboo sticks," a police official said.
According to police, the mother died after being seriously injured in the attack while the brother is battling for life in a hospital.
Paswan was the main accused in the killing of CPI-M leader Surender Prasad Yadav in January.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list