Man arrested for harassing woman on train
Patna: A senior official of a Gurgaon-based telecommunication company was arrested here for harassing a woman on the Delhi-Patna Sampoorna Kranti Express, police said on Friday.
A joint team of the Government Railway Police (GRP) and district police arrested SP Singh Sisodiya, 64, a deputy general manager of a Gurgaon-based telecommunication company from Hotel Maurya here late Thursday night, GRP official Rampukar Singh said.
Singh said that Sisodiya was arrested on the basis of a complaint lodged by the victim, who hails from Patna.
"The victim complained about Sisodiya`s misbehaviour and vulgar comment during the train journey and his attempt to sexually abuse her," he said.
An investigation has begun into the case, said Patna rail Superintendent of Police Suresh Choudhary.
Sisodiya is a resident of Saket in New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof