Man arrested for harassing woman on train
Patna: A senior official of a Gurgaon-based telecommunication company was arrested here for harassing a woman on the Delhi-Patna Sampoorna Kranti Express, police said on Friday.
A joint team of the Government Railway Police (GRP) and district police arrested SP Singh Sisodiya, 64, a deputy general manager of a Gurgaon-based telecommunication company from Hotel Maurya here late Thursday night, GRP official Rampukar Singh said.
Singh said that Sisodiya was arrested on the basis of a complaint lodged by the victim, who hails from Patna.
"The victim complained about Sisodiya`s misbehaviour and vulgar comment during the train journey and his attempt to sexually abuse her," he said.
An investigation has begun into the case, said Patna rail Superintendent of Police Suresh Choudhary.
Sisodiya is a resident of Saket in New Delhi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming