Man arrested for harassing woman on train
Patna: A senior official of a Gurgaon-based telecommunication company was arrested here for harassing a woman on the Delhi-Patna Sampoorna Kranti Express, police said on Friday.
A joint team of the Government Railway Police (GRP) and district police arrested SP Singh Sisodiya, 64, a deputy general manager of a Gurgaon-based telecommunication company from Hotel Maurya here late Thursday night, GRP official Rampukar Singh said.
Singh said that Sisodiya was arrested on the basis of a complaint lodged by the victim, who hails from Patna.
"The victim complained about Sisodiya`s misbehaviour and vulgar comment during the train journey and his attempt to sexually abuse her," he said.
An investigation has begun into the case, said Patna rail Superintendent of Police Suresh Choudhary.
Sisodiya is a resident of Saket in New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing