Man arrested for harassing woman on train
Patna: A senior official of a Gurgaon-based telecommunication company was arrested here for harassing a woman on the Delhi-Patna Sampoorna Kranti Express, police said on Friday.
A joint team of the Government Railway Police (GRP) and district police arrested SP Singh Sisodiya, 64, a deputy general manager of a Gurgaon-based telecommunication company from Hotel Maurya here late Thursday night, GRP official Rampukar Singh said.
Singh said that Sisodiya was arrested on the basis of a complaint lodged by the victim, who hails from Patna.
"The victim complained about Sisodiya`s misbehaviour and vulgar comment during the train journey and his attempt to sexually abuse her," he said.
An investigation has begun into the case, said Patna rail Superintendent of Police Suresh Choudhary.
Sisodiya is a resident of Saket in New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Libyan forces clash with militants in Sirte, 14 dead: Official
- Rahul Gandhi reacts to NSG setback: 'How to lose a negotiation by PM Narendra Modi'
- Pope denounces Armenian `genocide` in Yerevan visit
- University of Mumbai T.Y.B.Com Semester Six (75:25) Result 2016 declared on mu.ac.in
- Poland National Championships 2016: Quarter-miler Mohd. Anas sets new national record