Man consumes poison outside Bihar CM`s house

A 40-year-old man, who was apparently going through a land related problem, on Monday consumed some poisonous substance outside Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi`s official residence and was taken to hospital in a serious condition.

Patna: A 40-year-old man, who was apparently going through a land related problem, on Monday consumed some poisonous substance outside Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi`s official residence and was taken to hospital in a serious condition.
Deputy Superintendent of Police, Sachivalay, Shibli Nomani said, the man, a resident of Masauri block of Patna district, came to the chief minister`s residence carrying some poisonous material which he consumed.

He was then taken to Patna Medical College and Hospital, Nomani said.

The chief minister, however, was not at his residence as he had gone to Gaya in connection with some official programme, officials in the Chief Minister`s Office said.

The man was said to have been going through a land dispute with his family members in Masauri, policemen posted at Manjhi`s residence said.

The DSP said the police were investigating the cause behind the incident.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link

Close