Man detained with live cartridges outside Nitish`s residence
Patna: A man was detained on Monday outside Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s official residence after the security personnel, during the routine frisking of the visitors, found six live cartridges from his possession, police said.
During routine frisking of the visitors going to participate in Nitish Kumar`s `Janata Durbar` at his residence, Jitendra Kumar Rai was detained after he was allegedly found to have carried the cartridges along with him, SSP Amrit Raj said.
Rai, a native of Siwan district, was taken to the Sachivalaya police station for interrogation during which he claimed that he owned a licensed pistol.
The police was verifying Rai`s license for pistol, the SSP said, adding that the latter runs a private clinic at Siwan town and had come to the Kumar`s Janata Durbar with a complaint.
Meanwhile, Nitish Kumar declined to comment on the issue, saying that he was unaware of the development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...