Man detained with live cartridges outside Nitish`s residence
Patna: A man was detained on Monday outside Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s official residence after the security personnel, during the routine frisking of the visitors, found six live cartridges from his possession, police said.
During routine frisking of the visitors going to participate in Nitish Kumar`s `Janata Durbar` at his residence, Jitendra Kumar Rai was detained after he was allegedly found to have carried the cartridges along with him, SSP Amrit Raj said.
Rai, a native of Siwan district, was taken to the Sachivalaya police station for interrogation during which he claimed that he owned a licensed pistol.
The police was verifying Rai`s license for pistol, the SSP said, adding that the latter runs a private clinic at Siwan town and had come to the Kumar`s Janata Durbar with a complaint.
Meanwhile, Nitish Kumar declined to comment on the issue, saying that he was unaware of the development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi's Iran visit: India commits huge investment in Chabahar
- Potassium bromate, potassium iodate in bread: This is how they can affect your health!
- Congress, BJP have husband-wife like relationship: Arvind Kejriwal
- Oops! Bella Hadid's revealing outfits stun glamour world – Watch
- This is the only temple where Lord Hanuman is worshipped in female form