Man detained with live cartridges outside Nitish`s residence
Patna: A man was detained on Monday outside Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s official residence after the security personnel, during the routine frisking of the visitors, found six live cartridges from his possession, police said.
During routine frisking of the visitors going to participate in Nitish Kumar`s `Janata Durbar` at his residence, Jitendra Kumar Rai was detained after he was allegedly found to have carried the cartridges along with him, SSP Amrit Raj said.
Rai, a native of Siwan district, was taken to the Sachivalaya police station for interrogation during which he claimed that he owned a licensed pistol.
The police was verifying Rai`s license for pistol, the SSP said, adding that the latter runs a private clinic at Siwan town and had come to the Kumar`s Janata Durbar with a complaint.
Meanwhile, Nitish Kumar declined to comment on the issue, saying that he was unaware of the development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok