Man drowns wife, infant son over dowry in Bihar
Jamui: In a shocking incident, a man allegedly pushed his wife and son into a village well in Bihar`s Jamui district on Tuesday over dowry, leading to their deaths, police sources said.
Apparently infuriated with his in-laws for not meeting his dowry demands, the accused, Sanjay Yadav, pushed his wife Dulari Devi (22) and son Anand Kumar (10 months) into a well at his wife`s parental home under Chandramandi police station, the sources said.
The mother-son duo drowned in the well from where their bodies were later recovered and sent for post-mortem.
The deceased woman`s brother Pardeshi Yadav has lodged a named FIR against his brother-in-law and his parents charging them with the murder of his sister and nephew for greed of dowry, the sources said, adding that Sanjay is absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH