Man drowns wife, infant son over dowry in Bihar
Jamui: In a shocking incident, a man allegedly pushed his wife and son into a village well in Bihar`s Jamui district on Tuesday over dowry, leading to their deaths, police sources said.
Apparently infuriated with his in-laws for not meeting his dowry demands, the accused, Sanjay Yadav, pushed his wife Dulari Devi (22) and son Anand Kumar (10 months) into a well at his wife`s parental home under Chandramandi police station, the sources said.
The mother-son duo drowned in the well from where their bodies were later recovered and sent for post-mortem.
The deceased woman`s brother Pardeshi Yadav has lodged a named FIR against his brother-in-law and his parents charging them with the murder of his sister and nephew for greed of dowry, the sources said, adding that Sanjay is absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nine Filipino militants may face death in Malaysia: lawyer
- CBSE adopts moderation policy in granting marks in Class XII exam: Govt
- Viral video: Girl performs a sizzling hot sexy dance and suddenly door opens - Know what happens next
- Ties will be hit if cleric is not extradited, Turkey warns US
- Dalit youth dies in police raid in Surat, locals allege murder