Man drowns wife, infant son over dowry in Bihar
Jamui: In a shocking incident, a man allegedly pushed his wife and son into a village well in Bihar`s Jamui district on Tuesday over dowry, leading to their deaths, police sources said.
Apparently infuriated with his in-laws for not meeting his dowry demands, the accused, Sanjay Yadav, pushed his wife Dulari Devi (22) and son Anand Kumar (10 months) into a well at his wife`s parental home under Chandramandi police station, the sources said.
The mother-son duo drowned in the well from where their bodies were later recovered and sent for post-mortem.
The deceased woman`s brother Pardeshi Yadav has lodged a named FIR against his brother-in-law and his parents charging them with the murder of his sister and nephew for greed of dowry, the sources said, adding that Sanjay is absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Guwahati to host 2016 Indian Super League season opener
- An Alaskan village votes to relocate because of global warming
- US Judge blocks federal action on transgender students' bathroom access
- Athletics: Long jump star Rutherford swaps spikes for dancing shoes
- Turkey backtracks on `IS child bomber` claims