Man drowns wife, infant son over dowry in Bihar
Jamui: In a shocking incident, a man allegedly pushed his wife and son into a village well in Bihar`s Jamui district on Tuesday over dowry, leading to their deaths, police sources said.
Apparently infuriated with his in-laws for not meeting his dowry demands, the accused, Sanjay Yadav, pushed his wife Dulari Devi (22) and son Anand Kumar (10 months) into a well at his wife`s parental home under Chandramandi police station, the sources said.
The mother-son duo drowned in the well from where their bodies were later recovered and sent for post-mortem.
The deceased woman`s brother Pardeshi Yadav has lodged a named FIR against his brother-in-law and his parents charging them with the murder of his sister and nephew for greed of dowry, the sources said, adding that Sanjay is absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured