Man gets 10 years RI for raping girl
Kurukshetra: A local court has sentenced a man from Bihar to 10 years in jail for kidnapping and raping a minor girl here on the promise of marriage.
The district and sessions court judge also imposed a fine of Rs 80,000 on the convict, Arun Raut, and ruled that he shall have to undergo further imprisonment of nine months in case of non-payment of the fine.
According to the prosecution, Raut, who worked as a labourer in Babain town, about 25 kms from here, promised marriage to the minor girl and asked her to come with him. In December of 2011, he took her to Sitamau in Madhya Pradesh and raped her repeatedly.
Raut was arrested after a complaint by the girl`s parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning