Man gets 10 years RI for raping girl
Kurukshetra: A local court has sentenced a man from Bihar to 10 years in jail for kidnapping and raping a minor girl here on the promise of marriage.
The district and sessions court judge also imposed a fine of Rs 80,000 on the convict, Arun Raut, and ruled that he shall have to undergo further imprisonment of nine months in case of non-payment of the fine.
According to the prosecution, Raut, who worked as a labourer in Babain town, about 25 kms from here, promised marriage to the minor girl and asked her to come with him. In December of 2011, he took her to Sitamau in Madhya Pradesh and raped her repeatedly.
Raut was arrested after a complaint by the girl`s parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Abhishek Manu Singhvi moots revamping CWC, shunting out of 'usual faces'
- India's tour of Zimbabwe and West Indies: BCCI selection committee to announce squads today
- Narendra Modi in Iran: PM invokes India's 'civilisational ties', aims to boost economic, cultural partnership
- IPL 2016, Match 56: Virat Kohli's RCB earn playoffs spot, to face Gujarat Lions in Qualifier 1
- Jorge Lorenzo pips Marc Marquez to Italian MotoGP win