Man gets life imprisonment in a month for raping minor
Begusarai (Bihar): In a swift judgement, a man was on Tuesday sentenced to life imprisonment by a court here for raping a five-year-old girl at Singhaul village in Begusarai district last month.
Begusarai Sessions Judge Parshuram Shukla sentenced Pappu Tanti to life imprisonment and imposed Rs 20,000 as fine on him for raping the minor on April 10.
The victim`s father lodged a case on April 15 following which Tanti was arrested from Kanpur on May 2.
The accused was produced before the Begusarai court on May 3 and chargesheet against him was submitted the very next day.
The court held hearings on a daily basis and pronounced the quantum of punishment this afternoon after holding him guilty yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users