Man gets life imprisonment in a month for raping minor
Begusarai (Bihar): In a swift judgement, a man was on Tuesday sentenced to life imprisonment by a court here for raping a five-year-old girl at Singhaul village in Begusarai district last month.
Begusarai Sessions Judge Parshuram Shukla sentenced Pappu Tanti to life imprisonment and imposed Rs 20,000 as fine on him for raping the minor on April 10.
The victim`s father lodged a case on April 15 following which Tanti was arrested from Kanpur on May 2.
The accused was produced before the Begusarai court on May 3 and chargesheet against him was submitted the very next day.
The court held hearings on a daily basis and pronounced the quantum of punishment this afternoon after holding him guilty yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Nissan may introduce electric sports car by 2020
- PM Modi condoles former Singapore President Nathan's death
- No. 1 in Tests: Pakistan cricket team's rise completes journey from isolation to triumph
- Oh fresh! Check out Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor's chemistry in this latest still from 'Befikre'
- Watch: Pune bakery workers forced to do sit-ups for refusing to pay donation for Ganesh festival