Man gets life imprisonment in a month for raping minor
Begusarai (Bihar): In a swift judgement, a man was on Tuesday sentenced to life imprisonment by a court here for raping a five-year-old girl at Singhaul village in Begusarai district last month.
Begusarai Sessions Judge Parshuram Shukla sentenced Pappu Tanti to life imprisonment and imposed Rs 20,000 as fine on him for raping the minor on April 10.
The victim`s father lodged a case on April 15 following which Tanti was arrested from Kanpur on May 2.
The accused was produced before the Begusarai court on May 3 and chargesheet against him was submitted the very next day.
The court held hearings on a daily basis and pronounced the quantum of punishment this afternoon after holding him guilty yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Legendary artist S H Raza passes away
- 'Ready to clutch a beer' says UK's first double hand transplant patient!- Watch
- Can you beat that! Digvijay Singh in Below Poverty Line list
- Donald Trump's speech at Cleveland offered fear, anger but no solutions: Hillary Clinton
- Significance of celebrating Sankashti Chaturthi!