Man gets seven years jail for raping minor 13 years ago
Darbhanga: A local court today sentenced a man for seven years in prison for raping a minor girl 13 years ago at a village here.
Additional District and Sessions Judge-III A N Tiwari passed the order convicting Sunil Paswan and also imposed a fine of Rs 2,000.
According to public prosecutor Vinay Kumar Singh, Sunil had raped the girl, then 13 years old, after kidnapping her from Sadwara village under Simri police station area.
The victim had lodged a complaint on January 2, 2001. In another case, Tiwari sentenced two persons to 10 years in prison and also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 each, after finding them guilty in a case of armed robbery at a house in Nehra village under Manigachhi police station area on May 14, 2012.
The duo, Virendra Sahni and Sakal Paswan of Hussaini village under Dumaria police station area of East Champaran district in Bihar, had shot and injured a woman during the robbery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!