Man gets seven years jail for raping minor 13 years ago
Darbhanga: A local court today sentenced a man for seven years in prison for raping a minor girl 13 years ago at a village here.
Additional District and Sessions Judge-III A N Tiwari passed the order convicting Sunil Paswan and also imposed a fine of Rs 2,000.
According to public prosecutor Vinay Kumar Singh, Sunil had raped the girl, then 13 years old, after kidnapping her from Sadwara village under Simri police station area.
The victim had lodged a complaint on January 2, 2001. In another case, Tiwari sentenced two persons to 10 years in prison and also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 each, after finding them guilty in a case of armed robbery at a house in Nehra village under Manigachhi police station area on May 14, 2012.
The duo, Virendra Sahni and Sakal Paswan of Hussaini village under Dumaria police station area of East Champaran district in Bihar, had shot and injured a woman during the robbery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city