Man held for murder of infant girl after mother resisted rape in Bihar
Madhepura: A man was arrested for murder of an infant girl after he failed in his bid to rape her mother at a village in Madhepura district of Bihar, a police officer said on Sunday.
The accused, identified as Ajay Kumar, barged into a house in an inebriated condition and tried to rape a woman After she put up resistence, he snatched her infant girl from her lap and threw the latter on the ground causing her death on the spot, Superintendent of Police (SP) Saurabh Kumar said.
After the woman raised an alarm, some villagers rushed to the spot and overpowered the man and handed him over to the police, he said.
The woman has been taken to a hospital for medical check up and her daughter`s body sent for post-mortem, Kumar said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram