Man held for threatening BJP MLA
Begusarai: A man was today arrested from a village in Bihar`s Begusarai district for allegedly abusing a BJP MLA and threatening to kill him, police sources said.
Acting on BJP MLA Ramanand Ram`s complaint, the police arrested Muddi Mian, a man with criminal antecedents, from Kanwar Bahiyar village for abusing Ram at his residence in Rajaur village and threatening to kill him, the sources said.
The BJP MLA from Bakhri assembly seat was allegedly abused by Mian after he had tried to mediate between two warring groups of people in his constituency recently, they said.
Protesting against Ram`s intervention, the accused had stormed into his house last night and hurled abuse at him and threatened to kill him, prompting the BJP MLA to lodge an FIR in this connection at Gadhpura police station, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'