Man hurls slippers at JD(U) nominee in presence of Nitish
Bettiah: A man hurled his slippers at ruling JD(U) nominee Pradip Singh in the presence of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar at an election meeting in Bihar`s Lauria Assembly constituency in West Champaran district Friday morning, police said.
Immediately after Kumar concluded his speech and sought voters` support for Singh, a man flung his slippers at the nominee but missed the target, they said.
It was found out that the slipper thrower was angry with Singh for his alleged partisan role in the distribution of relief in the flood-affected area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves