Man killed, 3 injured after run over by BDO`s vehicle
Madhepura: A man was killed and three injured after they were run over allegedly by the Block Development Officer (BDO) Sanjeev Kumar`s official vehicle in Bihar`s Madhepura district, police said on Wednesday.
A group of people were sitting near a bonfire in Ganeshpur village last night when the BDO`s speeding vehicle ran over them before storming into a nearby house, sources said.
While a man, identified as Indradev Mehta (32) died on the spot, three others Jhabu Paswan (40), Anmol Devi (35) and Bhairav Paswan (38) sustained injuries in the incident.
The body has been sent for post-mortem and the injured admitted to a primary health centre for treatment, the sources said.
When contacted, District Magistrate Upendra Kumar said an investigation was going in the matter.
Compensation as per the government norm will be given to the kins of the deceased person as well as to the injured people, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'