Man sentenced to lifer for murder of Dalit girl in Bihar
Sasaram (Bihar): A court in Bihar`s Rohtas district today convicted an accused to lifer after finding him guilty in the murder case of a Dalit girl two years ago.
The Additional District and Sessions Judge Sajjal Mandilwar passed the order convicting Firoj Mian after finding him guilty in the murder case of the 14 year-old.
According to prosecution, Mian had killed the victim after forcibly lifting her from her house at Kochas Bazar on February 22, 2011 after she had spurned his desire for marriage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends