Man sets son on fire, attempts suicide
Srinagar: A father-son duo suffered severe burn injuries after the man allegedly set himself and the child on fire in Baramulla district of north Kashmir.
Parvez Ahmad Dar set himself and his five-year-old son, Sahil, ablaze after sprinkling kerosene at their house in Dooru village of Tangmarg, 45 kms from here, last evening, a police spokesman said.
They suffered severe burn injuries and were shifted to SMHS hospital here for treatment, he said.
"It was not immediately known what prompted Dar to take such an extreme step," the spokesman said, adding police has registered a case and started investigations.
Meanwhile, a 35-year-old woman attempted suicide by setting herself ablaze in Kupwara district of north Kashmir last night.
The woman used kerosene oil in the self-immolation bid at her Haji Node residence in Karnah sector of Kupwara district, the spokesman said adding she was hospitalised.
In another incident, the spokesman said a couple suffered burn injuries after their house caught fire in Anantnag district of south Kashmir.
Abdul Rashid Bhat and his wife Famida Akhter were injured in a fire incident at their house at Krangsoo village of Anantnag district last night, he said, adding the house caught fire due to leak in domestic gas cylinder.
The house was damaged in the incident, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- DNA: Analysing how plastics are devastating our health silently
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'