Man strangles 2 minor children, kills self in Patna
Bhagalpur: A man allegedly strangled his two minor children to death and later committed suicide by hanging himself in a village in Kahalgaon area of the district, police said on Sunday.
Sohan Tanti (35) strangled his two minor children Bharti Kumari (10) and Aman Kumar (5) while they were asleep late last night and later hanged himself in Simaria village, they said.
According to the police, a suicide note was recovered in which Sohan has accused his wife Putul Devi for abandoning her family to stay with her brother in-law Patan Tanti, with whom she allegedly had an extra marital affair, in a nearby Panchrukhi village.
Sohan had also accused his wife of harassing him by lodging a case against him for assault and demanding dowry, they said.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem, sources said, adding an investigation was on in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites