Man strangles 2 minor children, kills self in Patna
Bhagalpur: A man allegedly strangled his two minor children to death and later committed suicide by hanging himself in a village in Kahalgaon area of the district, police said on Sunday.
Sohan Tanti (35) strangled his two minor children Bharti Kumari (10) and Aman Kumar (5) while they were asleep late last night and later hanged himself in Simaria village, they said.
According to the police, a suicide note was recovered in which Sohan has accused his wife Putul Devi for abandoning her family to stay with her brother in-law Patan Tanti, with whom she allegedly had an extra marital affair, in a nearby Panchrukhi village.
Sohan had also accused his wife of harassing him by lodging a case against him for assault and demanding dowry, they said.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem, sources said, adding an investigation was on in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued