Man strangles 2 minor children, kills self in Patna
Bhagalpur: A man allegedly strangled his two minor children to death and later committed suicide by hanging himself in a village in Kahalgaon area of the district, police said on Sunday.
Sohan Tanti (35) strangled his two minor children Bharti Kumari (10) and Aman Kumar (5) while they were asleep late last night and later hanged himself in Simaria village, they said.
According to the police, a suicide note was recovered in which Sohan has accused his wife Putul Devi for abandoning her family to stay with her brother in-law Patan Tanti, with whom she allegedly had an extra marital affair, in a nearby Panchrukhi village.
Sohan had also accused his wife of harassing him by lodging a case against him for assault and demanding dowry, they said.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem, sources said, adding an investigation was on in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre