Man threatens to kill Bihar CM Nitish Kumar, arrested
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: The police went in an overdrive on Saturday after posters threatening Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar appeared in many areas here. The posters said that Nitish would be attacked at his next janta durbar due to be held on September 16.
The posters were removed by the police and the CCTV footages were scanned of the areas where the posters had appeared. Following this, the police were able to arrest a man, said to be mentally unstable.
The man has been identified as Bhimsen Mishra, a resident of Chitnawa village under Maner police station in Patna district. Mishra had also signed his name on the posters.
It is also said that the arrested person had met the chief minister on several occasions at the janata durbar during the last one year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report