Man threatens to kill Bihar CM Nitish Kumar, arrested
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: The police went in an overdrive on Saturday after posters threatening Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar appeared in many areas here. The posters said that Nitish would be attacked at his next janta durbar due to be held on September 16.
The posters were removed by the police and the CCTV footages were scanned of the areas where the posters had appeared. Following this, the police were able to arrest a man, said to be mentally unstable.
The man has been identified as Bhimsen Mishra, a resident of Chitnawa village under Maner police station in Patna district. Mishra had also signed his name on the posters.
It is also said that the arrested person had met the chief minister on several occasions at the janata durbar during the last one year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister