Man, two minor kids fall to `honour killings` in Bihar
Patna: In an another incident of honour killing in Bihar, a man and his two minor children were murdered and his wife critically injured for marrying against her family`s wishes, police said Monday.
Dinaru Bind, 28 was shot dead while his three-year-old daughter and seven-month-old son`s throats were slit late Sunday night at Kearha village in Mohania in Kaimur district, about 150 km from here.
Dinaru`s wife Rina Devi`s throat was also slit and she is now battling for her life in a hospital, police said.
According to police officials, four years ago Rina had eloped with Dinaru and married against her family`s wishes. After staying away for over three years, the couple returned to the village a few months ago.
Rina`s father Wakeel and her brothers Suresh and Sambhu Bind were opposed to her love marriage and threatened her to leave the village or face dire consequences, said Suresh Kumar, a police official investigating the case.
Kaimur Superintendent of Police Uma Shankar Sudhansu said a case was lodged in this incident and a police team has conducted raids to arrest Wakeel Bind and his sons.
Sudhansu described the incident as barbaric. In last few months, several cases of honour killings have been reported in the state.
Earlier in August, a man killed his sister and her minor daughter, chopped the bodies and threw them into the Ganga for marrying against the family`s wishes near Patna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss