Manjhi meets Lalu in hospital, wishes early recovery
Patna: Displaying bonhomie with new alliance partner, Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi on Saturday flew to Mumbai and met RJD President Lalu Prasad in hospital.
Manjhi visited Asian Heart Hospital at Mumbai and met Lalu Prasad, an official release said here.
The Bihar Chief Minister wished him early recovery after heart operation.
Bihar minister Mahachandra Prasad Singh and JD(U) General Secretary Shailendra Prasad accompanied Manjhi when he met Prasad.
Manjhi visited Prasad a day after his predecessor Nitish Kumar had paid a visit to RJD president at the hospital in Mumbai.
Ever since the alliance between RJD and JD(U) clicked in the recent bypoll winning 6 out of 10 seats, there is greater display of bonhomie between leaders of the two parties.
Manjhi had in the past praised Prasad for giving voice to poor during RJD rule in the state.
On opposition BJP alleging return of "jungle raj" after tie up between RJD and JD(U), Manjhi came in defence of Lalu Prasad and said "everybody corrects mistakes with time."
"Everybody has some lacunae which is corrected with time...Its wrong to say 'jungle raj'," Manjhi had said recently.
He said the alliance was the need of the time and claimed that BJP has been weakened due to it and it was because of this that the saffron party leaders were making "unsubstantiated" allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!