Manjhi meets Lalu in hospital, wishes early recovery
Patna: Displaying bonhomie with new alliance partner, Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi on Saturday flew to Mumbai and met RJD President Lalu Prasad in hospital.
Manjhi visited Asian Heart Hospital at Mumbai and met Lalu Prasad, an official release said here.
The Bihar Chief Minister wished him early recovery after heart operation.
Bihar minister Mahachandra Prasad Singh and JD(U) General Secretary Shailendra Prasad accompanied Manjhi when he met Prasad.
Manjhi visited Prasad a day after his predecessor Nitish Kumar had paid a visit to RJD president at the hospital in Mumbai.
Ever since the alliance between RJD and JD(U) clicked in the recent bypoll winning 6 out of 10 seats, there is greater display of bonhomie between leaders of the two parties.
Manjhi had in the past praised Prasad for giving voice to poor during RJD rule in the state.
On opposition BJP alleging return of "jungle raj" after tie up between RJD and JD(U), Manjhi came in defence of Lalu Prasad and said "everybody corrects mistakes with time."
"Everybody has some lacunae which is corrected with time...Its wrong to say 'jungle raj'," Manjhi had said recently.
He said the alliance was the need of the time and claimed that BJP has been weakened due to it and it was because of this that the saffron party leaders were making "unsubstantiated" allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- If Kashmir issue is not resolved under Modi, it will never be resolved: Mehbooba
- Magical Ravichandran Ashwin hits 200; Lendl Simmons becomes his latest bunny
- Bailey stars as Australia deny Sri Lanka winning farewell to Dilshan; lead ODI series 2-1
- EPL 2016-17: Gameweek 3 — City go top with win over Hammers
- Glowing distant stars become Hubble's latest subject! - See pic