Manjhi seeks stringent action against dissident JD(U) MLAs
Patna: Taking a dim view of rebellion by 18 JD(U) MLAs who cross-voted against the party`s official candidates in the Rajya Sabha bypoll in two seats, Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi on Sunday warned of stringent action against the rebel legislators.
"Whosoever (party legislators) crosses the line of discipline must be dealt with sternly otherwise it may lead to more indiscipline and misconduct," he told reporters.
Manjhi said that he will speak to individual disgruntled MLAs and try to prevail upon them to return to the ruling party, but there are some JD(U) MLAs who have taken a stand against toeing the party line.
Action should be taken against those disgruntled ruling party MLAs, the chief minister said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended