Manjhi seeks stringent action against dissident JD(U) MLAs
Patna: Taking a dim view of rebellion by 18 JD(U) MLAs who cross-voted against the party`s official candidates in the Rajya Sabha bypoll in two seats, Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi on Sunday warned of stringent action against the rebel legislators.
"Whosoever (party legislators) crosses the line of discipline must be dealt with sternly otherwise it may lead to more indiscipline and misconduct," he told reporters.
Manjhi said that he will speak to individual disgruntled MLAs and try to prevail upon them to return to the ruling party, but there are some JD(U) MLAs who have taken a stand against toeing the party line.
Action should be taken against those disgruntled ruling party MLAs, the chief minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday