Maoist area commander held in Bihar
Katihar: A CPI (Maoist) area commander wanted in various cases, including murder, was arrested from a hideout in Bihar`s Katihar district, police said on Sunday.
Acting on a tip off, a police team from adjoining Purnia district raided the hideout last night and nabbed Mahesh Yadav, a native of a village under Tekapatti police station area, Superintendent of Police Lalan Mohan Prasad said.
The CPI (Maoist) area commander was wanted in five cases of murder, extortion and arson in Purnia and Katihar districts, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...