Maoist area commander held in Bihar
Katihar: A CPI (Maoist) area commander wanted in various cases, including murder, was arrested from a hideout in Bihar`s Katihar district, police said on Sunday.
Acting on a tip off, a police team from adjoining Purnia district raided the hideout last night and nabbed Mahesh Yadav, a native of a village under Tekapatti police station area, Superintendent of Police Lalan Mohan Prasad said.
The CPI (Maoist) area commander was wanted in five cases of murder, extortion and arson in Purnia and Katihar districts, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America