Maoist area commander held in Bihar
Katihar: A CPI (Maoist) area commander wanted in various cases, including murder, was arrested from a hideout in Bihar`s Katihar district, police said on Sunday.
Acting on a tip off, a police team from adjoining Purnia district raided the hideout last night and nabbed Mahesh Yadav, a native of a village under Tekapatti police station area, Superintendent of Police Lalan Mohan Prasad said.
The CPI (Maoist) area commander was wanted in five cases of murder, extortion and arson in Purnia and Katihar districts, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family