Maoist area commander held
Gaya: The police today arrested a CPI (Maoist) area commander from a village in Bihar`s Gaya district and seized arms and ammunition besides Rs five lakh from his possession.
Acting on a tip off, the police raided Maqsoodpur village in the Khikarsarai police station area and arrested Shravan Manjhi.
An amount of Rs five lakh, a country-made pistol, ammunition and a mobile phone were seized from him, SP (city) Baburam said.
Manjhi was wanted in connection with three cases of Naxal violence, he said.
Baburam said that the arrested ultra had confessed to his involvement in the crimes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre