Maoist area commander held
Gaya: The police today arrested a CPI (Maoist) area commander from a village in Bihar`s Gaya district and seized arms and ammunition besides Rs five lakh from his possession.
Acting on a tip off, the police raided Maqsoodpur village in the Khikarsarai police station area and arrested Shravan Manjhi.
An amount of Rs five lakh, a country-made pistol, ammunition and a mobile phone were seized from him, SP (city) Baburam said.
Manjhi was wanted in connection with three cases of Naxal violence, he said.
Baburam said that the arrested ultra had confessed to his involvement in the crimes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees