Maoist area commander held
Gaya: The police today arrested a CPI (Maoist) area commander from a village in Bihar`s Gaya district and seized arms and ammunition besides Rs five lakh from his possession.
Acting on a tip off, the police raided Maqsoodpur village in the Khikarsarai police station area and arrested Shravan Manjhi.
An amount of Rs five lakh, a country-made pistol, ammunition and a mobile phone were seized from him, SP (city) Baburam said.
Manjhi was wanted in connection with three cases of Naxal violence, he said.
Baburam said that the arrested ultra had confessed to his involvement in the crimes.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?