Maoist area commander held
Gaya: The police today arrested a CPI (Maoist) area commander from a village in Bihar`s Gaya district and seized arms and ammunition besides Rs five lakh from his possession.
Acting on a tip off, the police raided Maqsoodpur village in the Khikarsarai police station area and arrested Shravan Manjhi.
An amount of Rs five lakh, a country-made pistol, ammunition and a mobile phone were seized from him, SP (city) Baburam said.
Manjhi was wanted in connection with three cases of Naxal violence, he said.
Baburam said that the arrested ultra had confessed to his involvement in the crimes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners