Maoist arrested in Bihar
Sasaram: A Maoist, carrying a reward of
Rs 50,000 on his head, was today arrested from Katudandh village in Bihar`s Rohtas district, a police official said.
Acting on a tip off, the police raided the village and arrested the Maoist, identified as Mangal Chero, Superintendent of Police (SP) Manu Maharaj said.
A self-loading rifle (SLR) and a dozen ammunition were seized from the ultra, he said.
Chero was wanted in several cases of Maoist violence in the district, Maharaj said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city