Maoist attack: 1 BMP jawan body found from near blast site, toll goes up to 8
Aurangabad/Patna: Body of a Bihar Military Police (BMP) jawan has been recovered from near the site of landmine blast triggered by Maoists taking the death toll to eight, a senior police officer said today.
During search operations last night, body of BMP jawan Sanjay Kumar Kushwaha was found near the blast site, Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) S K Bhardwaj said.
The jawan is a resident of Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh, he said.
With recovery of the body of BMP jawan, the toll in the Tuesday landmine blast by Maoists near Chandragarh More (circle) on the Tandwa-Nabinagar road has gone up to eight.
Officer in-charge of Tandwa police station Ajay Kumar, five SAP jawans and a homeguard driver are other victims of the explosion which blew off the police jeep.
Bhardwaj, who reached Aurangabad last night after the incident, said all the bodies have been brought to police line. After paying respect by the policemen, the bodies have been sent to their respective native places, he added.
The area has been sealed and combing operation by a joint team of CRPF and Bihar police is on, the ADG said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Barack Obama says UK committed to 'orderly transition' out of EU
- Islamic State captures 900 Kurdish civilians in north Syria in 3 weeks
- 33 killed in renewed clashes across Yemen
- 'North Korea now a nuclear threat to be reckoned with, Washington can expect more nuclear tests and missile launches'
- Two killed, 100 homes destroyed by fast-moving California wildfire