Maoist attack: 1 BMP jawan body found from near blast site, toll goes up to 8
Aurangabad/Patna: Body of a Bihar Military Police (BMP) jawan has been recovered from near the site of landmine blast triggered by Maoists taking the death toll to eight, a senior police officer said today.
During search operations last night, body of BMP jawan Sanjay Kumar Kushwaha was found near the blast site, Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) S K Bhardwaj said.
The jawan is a resident of Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh, he said.
With recovery of the body of BMP jawan, the toll in the Tuesday landmine blast by Maoists near Chandragarh More (circle) on the Tandwa-Nabinagar road has gone up to eight.
Officer in-charge of Tandwa police station Ajay Kumar, five SAP jawans and a homeguard driver are other victims of the explosion which blew off the police jeep.
Bhardwaj, who reached Aurangabad last night after the incident, said all the bodies have been brought to police line. After paying respect by the policemen, the bodies have been sent to their respective native places, he added.
The area has been sealed and combing operation by a joint team of CRPF and Bihar police is on, the ADG said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman