Maoist attack: FIR against 7, massive search operation on
Patna: An FIR against seven persons was lodged on Friday and a massive combing operation launched to nab the Maoists involved in the attack on a vehicle in a village in Bihar`s Aurangabad district which claimed seven lives, a senior police officer said.
The Aurangabad Police has lodged an FIR against seven persons in connection with yesterday`s Maoist attack on a SUV in Pathara village, Additional Director General of Police (ADG), Headquarters, Ravindra Kumar said.
Two of those named in the FIR have criminal history of being involved in loot and bank dacoity, he said, adding, that further investigation was on in the matter.
Simultaneously, a massive combing-cum-search operation has been launched jointly by the CRPF, STF, BMP, SAP and the district police under the supervision of ADG (Law and Order) S.K. Bhardwaj and other senior police officers, who were camping in Aurangabad, to trace the ultras, Kumar said.
New Aurangabad SP Upendra Kumar Sharma would take charge in place of SP Daljeet Singh, who has been transferred and shifted to the police headquarters here, he said.
The ADG (Headquarters) said an autopsy was done on all the seven bodies which were later handed over to the families for cremation.
Kumar categorically denied that intelligence agencies had issued an alert to the state government about any specific Maoist attack, which a senior BJP leader has claimed.
Meanwhile, a Bihar BJP delegation, led by former deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi, visited Pisai village to console the grieving family members of the seven slain villagers, including Zilla Parishad member Usha Devi`s husband Sushil Pandey, who was said to be the prime target of the attack for his alleged association with the outlawed Ranvir Sena.
Modi urged the state government to deal with Maoist insurgency with strong force to ensure safety and security of the people.
Other senior BJP leaders like Giriraj Singh and Ramadhar Singh also came down heavily on the JD(U) government and slammed it for the deteriorating law and order situation in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday