Maoist brain behind abdomen bomb held
Patna: A top ranking Maoist ultra, who was wanted in connection with planting an IED in the abdomen of a slain CRPF jawan in Jharkhand, was on Saturday arrested and taken to Latehar in the neighbouring state on transit remand.
Kapil Dev Yadav alias Indrajeet Yadav has been nursing a wound in a private hospital here since June 14 was under the watch of Jharkhand policemen, police sources said.
On improvement of health, he was arrested and produced before the court of Judicial Magistrate Krishna Gopal who granted 36 hours transit remand for his production before a court in Latehar.
Yadav is the commander of the armed wing of eastern regional bureau of CPI (Maoist) based in Latehar and considered an explosive expert, the sources said.
During autopsy of CRPF constable Babulal Patel`s body in January, it was found that the Maoists had surgically inserted a 1.5 kg IED in his abdomen. Patel was killed three days earlier in an ambush in Jharkhand`s Latehar district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised