Maoist brain behind abdomen bomb held
Patna: A top ranking Maoist ultra, who was wanted in connection with planting an IED in the abdomen of a slain CRPF jawan in Jharkhand, was on Saturday arrested and taken to Latehar in the neighbouring state on transit remand.
Kapil Dev Yadav alias Indrajeet Yadav has been nursing a wound in a private hospital here since June 14 was under the watch of Jharkhand policemen, police sources said.
On improvement of health, he was arrested and produced before the court of Judicial Magistrate Krishna Gopal who granted 36 hours transit remand for his production before a court in Latehar.
Yadav is the commander of the armed wing of eastern regional bureau of CPI (Maoist) based in Latehar and considered an explosive expert, the sources said.
During autopsy of CRPF constable Babulal Patel`s body in January, it was found that the Maoists had surgically inserted a 1.5 kg IED in his abdomen. Patel was killed three days earlier in an ambush in Jharkhand`s Latehar district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers