Maoist Commander held
Aurangabad: A self-styled area commander of proscribed CPI (Maoist) was on Thursday arrested from Nefti village under Mufassil police station in Bihar`s Aurangabad district, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided a place and arrested Jaggu Paswan.
A carbine and several rounds of ammunition were seized from him, they said.
Jaggu was wanted in connection with several criminal cases.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro
- Terror attack foiled in Saudi Arabia
- US puts Germany, China on watchlist for economic surpluses
- Heatwave grips east, central and peninsular India; many dead in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh due to cyclone, hailstorm