Maoist held in Bihar
Begusarai: A Maoist was arrested on Monday from a village under Birpur Police Station area in Bihar`s Begusarai district, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team raided a house in Barhara village and nabbed the Maoist, identified as Suresh Mahto, SP Harpreet Kaur said.
The ultra was wanted in several incidents of Naxal violence in the district, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly