Maoist kidnap BDO in Bihar
Sheohar: A block development officer was
today kidnapped by armed Maoists from Ladhoura village in
Bihar`s Naxal-hit Sheohar district.
Manoj Singh had gone to the village in his official
vehicle this noon to supervise preparation of EPIC cards,
state Director General of Police Neelmani said in Patna.
The vehicle was intercepted by the Maoists, who pulled
out the unescorted BDO and took him away to an unknown place
on their motorcycles, he said.
The driver of the BDO`s vehicle and a public health
centre employee accompanying him were also reported missing
since the incident, the DGP said.
Raids are on to rescue the officer, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion