Maoist kidnap BDO in Bihar
Sheohar: A block development officer was
today kidnapped by armed Maoists from Ladhoura village in
Bihar`s Naxal-hit Sheohar district.
Manoj Singh had gone to the village in his official
vehicle this noon to supervise preparation of EPIC cards,
state Director General of Police Neelmani said in Patna.
The vehicle was intercepted by the Maoists, who pulled
out the unescorted BDO and took him away to an unknown place
on their motorcycles, he said.
The driver of the BDO`s vehicle and a public health
centre employee accompanying him were also reported missing
since the incident, the DGP said.
Raids are on to rescue the officer, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends