Maoist killer of Bihar cop Tete arrested
Patna: A Maoist suspected of killing Lucas Tete - one of the four Bihar policemen abducted by the rebels last month - has been arrested, police said Monday. The other three policemen were released unharmed.
Bihar police chief Neelmani said that Boro Koda was arrested from Lakhmipur area in Jamui district.
"A police team have been interrogating him after he was arrested," he said.
Four Bihar policemen - Tete, Abhay Kumar Yadav, Rupesh Kumar Sinha and Ehsan Khan - were kidnapped by Maoists after a six-hour gunfight in Lakhisarai district Aug 29, in which seven policemen were killed and 10 injured.
Maoists claimed the gunfight was in retaliation for the killing of their leader Cherukuri Rajkumar alias Azad and a journalist on the night of July 1-2 in Andhra Pradesh.
The rebels threatened the policemen would be killed unless eight jailed Maoist leaders were released. A day after rebels said they had killed one of the abducted policemen, Tete`s body found in a jungle in Lakhisarai Sep 3. The other three were released Sep 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing