Maoist leader arrested
Gaya: A Maoist leader carrying cash award of Rs 25,000 on his head was arrested from Rampur police station area of Bihar`s Gaya district early on Tuesday, IG(operation) Amit Kumar said.
Acting on a tip-off, a special task force of Bihar police raided a place under Rampur police station area and arrested the Maoist, identified as Ram Pravesh Yadav alias Vikas Yadav, Kumar said.
Yadav was working for another Maoist organisation, Tritiya Prastuti Commitee (TPC), and was very active under Paraiya and Guraru police station areas of the district.
The IG said the arrested person was involved in more than a dozen Maoist-related incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- 17 die in fire at Ukraine home for elderly
- PM Narendra Modi to visit five nations from June 4; to take up black money issue with Swiss President
- Sharks possess distinct personalities like humans
- 'Sultan' new poster: See robust Salman Khan turns 'Golden Sultan' magnifying the aura!
- Bihar class 10th result 2016 declared; check Bihar Board Matric class 10 Results 2016 on biharboard.bih.nic.in