Maoist leader produced in court in Bhagalpur
Bhagalpur: Pramod Barnawal, one of the eight
Maoists leaders whose release is being demanded by the ultras in exchange for policemen kidnapped during the encounter at Lakhisarai on Sunday, was produced before a local court today
amid tight security.
Pramod was brought to the civil court from the
divisional jail, where he is in judicial custody, under heavy
escort and produced before Chief Judicial Magistrate N K
Jail officials described it as a routine periodical
production of the Maoist, who was allegedly involved in the
attack of a Bihar Military Police camp in Bhagalpur in which
one jawan was killed.
When mediamen sought his comments on the Maoist`s
demand, Pramod said if the state government failed to accede
to it the three hostages would meet the fate of Lucas Tete.
The body of BMP havildar Tete, who was among the four
kidnapped policemen, was found at Lakhsarai during the day as
the Maoist deadline for releasing their leaders expired at 10
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read