Maoist leader produced in court in Bhagalpur
Bhagalpur: Pramod Barnawal, one of the eight
Maoists leaders whose release is being demanded by the ultras in exchange for policemen kidnapped during the encounter at Lakhisarai on Sunday, was produced before a local court today
amid tight security.
Pramod was brought to the civil court from the
divisional jail, where he is in judicial custody, under heavy
escort and produced before Chief Judicial Magistrate N K
Jail officials described it as a routine periodical
production of the Maoist, who was allegedly involved in the
attack of a Bihar Military Police camp in Bhagalpur in which
one jawan was killed.
When mediamen sought his comments on the Maoist`s
demand, Pramod said if the state government failed to accede
to it the three hostages would meet the fate of Lucas Tete.
The body of BMP havildar Tete, who was among the four
kidnapped policemen, was found at Lakhsarai during the day as
the Maoist deadline for releasing their leaders expired at 10
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?