Maoist leader produced in court in Bhagalpur
Bhagalpur: Pramod Barnawal, one of the eight
Maoists leaders whose release is being demanded by the ultras in exchange for policemen kidnapped during the encounter at Lakhisarai on Sunday, was produced before a local court today
amid tight security.
Pramod was brought to the civil court from the
divisional jail, where he is in judicial custody, under heavy
escort and produced before Chief Judicial Magistrate N K
Jail officials described it as a routine periodical
production of the Maoist, who was allegedly involved in the
attack of a Bihar Military Police camp in Bhagalpur in which
one jawan was killed.
When mediamen sought his comments on the Maoist`s
demand, Pramod said if the state government failed to accede
to it the three hostages would meet the fate of Lucas Tete.
The body of BMP havildar Tete, who was among the four
kidnapped policemen, was found at Lakhsarai during the day as
the Maoist deadline for releasing their leaders expired at 10
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September