Maoist leader produced in court in Bhagalpur
Bhagalpur: Pramod Barnawal, one of the eight
Maoists leaders whose release is being demanded by the ultras in exchange for policemen kidnapped during the encounter at Lakhisarai on Sunday, was produced before a local court today
amid tight security.
Pramod was brought to the civil court from the
divisional jail, where he is in judicial custody, under heavy
escort and produced before Chief Judicial Magistrate N K
Jail officials described it as a routine periodical
production of the Maoist, who was allegedly involved in the
attack of a Bihar Military Police camp in Bhagalpur in which
one jawan was killed.
When mediamen sought his comments on the Maoist`s
demand, Pramod said if the state government failed to accede
to it the three hostages would meet the fate of Lucas Tete.
The body of BMP havildar Tete, who was among the four
kidnapped policemen, was found at Lakhsarai during the day as
the Maoist deadline for releasing their leaders expired at 10
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane