Maoist posters warn against posting SPOs
Munger: The CPI(Maoist) has put up posters in villages under Dharhara police station area in the district warning against posting of Special Police Officers (SPOs) to carry out search operation against them, a police officer said on Sunday.
The CPI(Maoist) has put up posters in Karaili, Mahangama,
Govindpur and Tarpar villages to protest against deployment of
the SPOs at Dharhara police station for search operation
against the ultras, Dharhara police station`s Station House
Officer (SHO) Bhai Bharat Singh said.
The ultras have also warned the local people against
giving shelters to these policemen, he said.
The CPI(Maoist) activists have claimed in the posters
that they have identified the SPOs and wanted them (SPOs) to
surrender before the ultras, otherwise they will be
eliminated, Singh said.
The ultras have also taken responsibility for the
killing of six persons in a village under Dharhara police
station on July 2 last, the SHO said.
The Dharhara SHO said a combing operation has been
launched to nab the ultras.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family