Maoists abduct 3 guards, torch construction tools
Sitamarhi: Maoists abducted three
security guards after seting on fire a hot mixing plant of a
road contractor at Khairwa Maniyari village in Bihar`s
Sitamarhi district, police said on Wednesday.
A group of Maoists raided the under-construction road
project site of a contractor Amit Kumar Singh last night and
set on fire a hot mixing plant, police said.
The ultras also took away with them three security
guards who had vainly resisted arson by the former.
The Maoists left a leaflet on the spot demanding levy
from the contractor or else stop work, Prasad said.
Raids were being carried out to rescue the abducted
The Maoists had set on fire four vehicles, including
three dumpers, at the site of a private construction company
M/S Chaddha and Chaddha engaged in two-lane project on NH-77
between Muzaffarpur and Sonbarsa on the intervening night of
January 9-10 last as part of their violent opposition to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire