Maoists abduct 3 guards, torch construction tools
Sitamarhi: Maoists abducted three
security guards after seting on fire a hot mixing plant of a
road contractor at Khairwa Maniyari village in Bihar`s
Sitamarhi district, police said on Wednesday.
A group of Maoists raided the under-construction road
project site of a contractor Amit Kumar Singh last night and
set on fire a hot mixing plant, police said.
The ultras also took away with them three security
guards who had vainly resisted arson by the former.
The Maoists left a leaflet on the spot demanding levy
from the contractor or else stop work, Prasad said.
Raids were being carried out to rescue the abducted
The Maoists had set on fire four vehicles, including
three dumpers, at the site of a private construction company
M/S Chaddha and Chaddha engaged in two-lane project on NH-77
between Muzaffarpur and Sonbarsa on the intervening night of
January 9-10 last as part of their violent opposition to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing