Maoists abduct 3 guards, torch construction tools
Sitamarhi: Maoists abducted three
security guards after seting on fire a hot mixing plant of a
road contractor at Khairwa Maniyari village in Bihar`s
Sitamarhi district, police said on Wednesday.
A group of Maoists raided the under-construction road
project site of a contractor Amit Kumar Singh last night and
set on fire a hot mixing plant, police said.
The ultras also took away with them three security
guards who had vainly resisted arson by the former.
The Maoists left a leaflet on the spot demanding levy
from the contractor or else stop work, Prasad said.
Raids were being carried out to rescue the abducted
The Maoists had set on fire four vehicles, including
three dumpers, at the site of a private construction company
M/S Chaddha and Chaddha engaged in two-lane project on NH-77
between Muzaffarpur and Sonbarsa on the intervening night of
January 9-10 last as part of their violent opposition to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step