Maoists abduct 3 guards, torch construction tools
Sitamarhi: Maoists abducted three
security guards after seting on fire a hot mixing plant of a
road contractor at Khairwa Maniyari village in Bihar`s
Sitamarhi district, police said on Wednesday.
A group of Maoists raided the under-construction road
project site of a contractor Amit Kumar Singh last night and
set on fire a hot mixing plant, police said.
The ultras also took away with them three security
guards who had vainly resisted arson by the former.
The Maoists left a leaflet on the spot demanding levy
from the contractor or else stop work, Prasad said.
Raids were being carried out to rescue the abducted
The Maoists had set on fire four vehicles, including
three dumpers, at the site of a private construction company
M/S Chaddha and Chaddha engaged in two-lane project on NH-77
between Muzaffarpur and Sonbarsa on the intervening night of
January 9-10 last as part of their violent opposition to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?