Maoists assault brick kiln employees in Bihar
Arwal: Maoists assaulted employees of a brick kiln because their owner refused to pay extortion and burnt a JCB machine and two tractors in Bihar`s Arwal district, police sources said Monday.
The Maoists, belonging to an unknown Naxal outfit, Sashastra People`s Morcha, raided Koriam village last night and set on fire a JCB machine and two tractors as the brick kiln owner Chhotan Mandal, refused to pay extortion, the sources said.
The Maoists also assaulted the employees for resisting arson at the brick kiln, the sources said.
An FIR was lodged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar