Maoists attack construction site, torch 4 machines
Jehanabad: Over half a dozen armed Maoists attacked a bridge construction site and torched four machines near Baldahiya river in Jahangirpur village of Bihar`s Jehanabad district, police said Monday.
The group of armed Maoists attacked the camp office of GSR construction company last night. The labourers resting at the camp were also beaten up, Superintendent of Police Kailly Dhuran said.
Later, they torched four machines including one mixer before leaving the place.
They also distributed leaflets claiming non-payment of levy as the reason behind the attack, police said.
Police have cordoned off the entire area and a search has been launched for the ultras.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17