Maoists attack construction site, torch 4 machines
Jehanabad: Over half a dozen armed Maoists attacked a bridge construction site and torched four machines near Baldahiya river in Jahangirpur village of Bihar`s Jehanabad district, police said Monday.
The group of armed Maoists attacked the camp office of GSR construction company last night. The labourers resting at the camp were also beaten up, Superintendent of Police Kailly Dhuran said.
Later, they torched four machines including one mixer before leaving the place.
They also distributed leaflets claiming non-payment of levy as the reason behind the attack, police said.
Police have cordoned off the entire area and a search has been launched for the ultras.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites