Maoists attack construction site, torch 4 machines
Jehanabad: Over half a dozen armed Maoists attacked a bridge construction site and torched four machines near Baldahiya river in Jahangirpur village of Bihar`s Jehanabad district, police said Monday.
The group of armed Maoists attacked the camp office of GSR construction company last night. The labourers resting at the camp were also beaten up, Superintendent of Police Kailly Dhuran said.
Later, they torched four machines including one mixer before leaving the place.
They also distributed leaflets claiming non-payment of levy as the reason behind the attack, police said.
Police have cordoned off the entire area and a search has been launched for the ultras.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army kills 35 terrorists in surgical strikes across LoC
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’