Maoists blast bridge, torch trucks in Bihar
Patna: Maoists blew up a bridge and an office and set ablaze six trucks in Bihar`s Jamui district during their two-day strike to protest the arrest of top Maoists leaders, police said on Friday.
Nearly 100 armed Maoists attacked Khaira block office in Jamui, 200 km from here early Friday, triggering a blast in the building and setting ablaze paddy crop kept at a procurement centre.
"The Khaira block office was blasted by Maoists. The building was badly damaged," an official said.
According to police, Maoists used dynamite to blast the block office building.
After blowing up the building, the Maoists raised anti-government slogans and then escaped into the nearby forest.
In a separate incident in the district, Maoists set ablaze six trucks and blew up a bridge. They also pasted posters at different places warning local administration to stop combing operations against them.
Maoists late Wednesday night blew up a railway track, torched two mobile phone towers, one tractor and four vehicles during their strike in Jamui and Banka districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire