Maoists blast bridge, torch trucks in Bihar
Patna: Maoists blew up a bridge and an office and set ablaze six trucks in Bihar`s Jamui district during their two-day strike to protest the arrest of top Maoists leaders, police said on Friday.
Nearly 100 armed Maoists attacked Khaira block office in Jamui, 200 km from here early Friday, triggering a blast in the building and setting ablaze paddy crop kept at a procurement centre.
"The Khaira block office was blasted by Maoists. The building was badly damaged," an official said.
According to police, Maoists used dynamite to blast the block office building.
After blowing up the building, the Maoists raised anti-government slogans and then escaped into the nearby forest.
In a separate incident in the district, Maoists set ablaze six trucks and blew up a bridge. They also pasted posters at different places warning local administration to stop combing operations against them.
Maoists late Wednesday night blew up a railway track, torched two mobile phone towers, one tractor and four vehicles during their strike in Jamui and Banka districts.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!