Maoists blast bridge, torch trucks in Bihar
Patna: Maoists blew up a bridge and an office and set ablaze six trucks in Bihar`s Jamui district during their two-day strike to protest the arrest of top Maoists leaders, police said on Friday.
Nearly 100 armed Maoists attacked Khaira block office in Jamui, 200 km from here early Friday, triggering a blast in the building and setting ablaze paddy crop kept at a procurement centre.
"The Khaira block office was blasted by Maoists. The building was badly damaged," an official said.
According to police, Maoists used dynamite to blast the block office building.
After blowing up the building, the Maoists raised anti-government slogans and then escaped into the nearby forest.
In a separate incident in the district, Maoists set ablaze six trucks and blew up a bridge. They also pasted posters at different places warning local administration to stop combing operations against them.
Maoists late Wednesday night blew up a railway track, torched two mobile phone towers, one tractor and four vehicles during their strike in Jamui and Banka districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Modi's stern warning to tax evaders: Comply by Sept 30 or get ready to face harsh measures
- WATCH: ROCKSTAR! Virat Kohli steals the show in Premier Futsal League anthem
- IIFA 2016: Madrid applauds 'Best Actor' Ranveer Singh for 'Bajirao Mastani', actor feels grateful!
- Saif Ali Khan injured, rushed to hospital! – Details inside
- BSF prevents entry of 300 Bangladesi nationals in Tripura