Maoists blast bridge, torch trucks in Bihar
Patna: Maoists blew up a bridge and an office and set ablaze six trucks in Bihar`s Jamui district during their two-day strike to protest the arrest of top Maoists leaders, police said on Friday.
Nearly 100 armed Maoists attacked Khaira block office in Jamui, 200 km from here early Friday, triggering a blast in the building and setting ablaze paddy crop kept at a procurement centre.
"The Khaira block office was blasted by Maoists. The building was badly damaged," an official said.
According to police, Maoists used dynamite to blast the block office building.
After blowing up the building, the Maoists raised anti-government slogans and then escaped into the nearby forest.
In a separate incident in the district, Maoists set ablaze six trucks and blew up a bridge. They also pasted posters at different places warning local administration to stop combing operations against them.
Maoists late Wednesday night blew up a railway track, torched two mobile phone towers, one tractor and four vehicles during their strike in Jamui and Banka districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC upholds summoning of Vijay Mallya in cheque-bounce cases
- Scientists identify key protein that can predict ovarian cancer early!
- Report on roadmap to double farmers' income by Sept: Govt
- Sugar prices up in Delhi by Rs 2 in June-July at Rs 40-41 per kg
- MEA rules out India-Pakistan bilateral talks during SAARC meet in Islamabad